Everything you ever wanted to find in Spain under one roof
Property in Spain
Moving to Spain
Explore Spain
Car Hire in Spain
Golfing in Spain
Over 50 million tourists visit Spain each year, making it one of the most popular destinations in the world - however it is still possible to travel for days and hear nothing but Spanish. Accommodation is plentiful, the climate is warm, and the people are very relaxed.

Buying property in Spain
this is only a spacer spain
this is only a spacer Costa Dorada
this is only a spacer Costa Brava
this is only a spacer Costa Calida
this is only a spacer Almeria
this is only a spacer Costa De La Luz
this is only a spacer Costa Del Sol
this is only a spacer Costa Blanca
this is only a spacer Costa Del Azahar
this is only a spacer Private Property Sales
this is only a spacer Business For Sale
Property for rent......
this is only a spacer Private Property Rentals
this is only a spacer Rental Agents
this is only a spacer Property Management
Moving to Spain.......
this is only a spacer Wills
this is only a spacer Spanish Permits
this is only a spacer Tax in Spain
this is only a spacer Moving with Kids to Spain
this is only a spacer Spanish Health System
this is only a spacer Spanish Insurance

10 Charnwood Close
The Country Park
L12 0LQ

t:   0845 108 2209
m: 0790 220 4779




Before living in Spain, you need to enquire about the permits and Spain visa in order to prepare all necessary documents for the correspondent permits, according with your plans and the rules and regulations of the country where you are from (EU country or non E).


Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland (*), Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein (*), Luxembourg, Norway(*), Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland (**), The Netherlands, can enter, exit, travel and live in Spain, as well as have access to any kind of economic activity, employee or self-employed :
(*) States part of the European Economic Area Agreement.
(**) Agreement of June 21, 1999, between the European Community and the Swiss Confederation, on free movement of people.
Required documentation to travel or study in Spain: a valid passport or Identity Card.
If you want to work or study in Spain you will be subject to the specific regulatory provisions in force on equal conditions as Spanish citizens.
If you are planning to live in Spain, you will need the NIE number (personal ID) for all official papers (for medical visits, when registering a car or buying a property in Spain, etc.). To get the necessary application forms you need to go to the National Police (Policia Nacional) where you also have to return the forms.
When is the residence card necessary?
If you are not a self-employed worker or salaried employee, student, or beneficiary of the right to permanent residence and you want to live in Spain for more than three months, you have to ask for…

  • Temporary Residence Card: if your intention is to stay for more than three months but less than a year, you should obtain this card
  • Residence Card (ordinary): when the permanency is going to be for more than one year. This card is valid for five years and is automatically renewable for similar periods. Is necessary accreditation of economic situation to live for this period (income, work contract, bank account balance) and health insurance

What type of documents do I have to present to obtain the residence card?

  • Filling in the official form that you will get at the Foreigners Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or National Police Office (Comisaria de Policia Nacional) in the town where you plan to live. You can also obtain an online form from the Department of Interior, Department of Labour and Social Matters, or Public Administration Department
  • Photocopy of passport or identity card
  • Three passport size photos
  • Degree and/or certification of the qualification required for the exercise of the profession, where appropriate.

As an exception and for reasons of law and public health, a medical certificate may also be requested certifying the health condition of the applicant.


When is a Spain visa NOT necessary?
People from United States and most South American countries, are allowed to visit Spain, as tourists, without any permit or visa, for a maximum of 90 days. Most other countries will require a tourist visa
When is a Spain visa necessary?
Non-EU citizens, living in Spain, more than 90 days, need to apply for a work and residence permit (the worker), or a residence permit only (non-workers, dependants or students).
The Visa will be requested in the Spanish Consular Office in the country of origin or last legal residence.
Necessary documentation to obtain a work permit:

  • Passport and photocopy.
  • Three passport-size photos.
  • Certificate of Criminal Record.
  • Medical certificate.
  • Proof of financial means.
  • And a favourable decision related to the working authorization request that the employer should have submitted to the competent Labour authority in Spain.

To get a work permit, first of all you need to have a work pre-contract for a minimum of 6 months, fill in the application form and bring the above documentation to the national police station.
Necessary documentation to obtain residence permit:

  • Passport and photocopy.
  • Three passport-size photos.
  • Certificate of Criminal Record.
  • Medical certificate.
  • National or Private Health Insurance.
  • Proof of financial means, to live in Spain during the requested period

Students must provide the pre-enrolment into an educational centre (public or private) or University and proof of allowance to pay your tuition and maintenance fees.
Before travelling to Spain:
In order to avoid problems at the Spanish border, Non European Union citizens should, before starting the trip, ask for information about Visa requirements at the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin.
If you come for others purposes than studying or working, remember that you will have to get nominal and closed return flight tickets.


>>back to top