Everything you ever wanted to find in Spain under one roof
Property in Spain
Moving to Spain
Explore Spain
Car Hire in Spain
Golfing in Spain
Over 50 million tourists visit Spain each year, making it one of the most popular destinations in the world - however it is still possible to travel for days and hear nothing but Spanish. Accommodation is plentiful, the climate is warm, and the people are very relaxed.

Buying property in Spain
this is only a spacer spain
this is only a spacer Costa Dorada
this is only a spacer Costa Brava
this is only a spacer Costa Calida
this is only a spacer Almeria
this is only a spacer Costa De La Luz
this is only a spacer Costa Del Sol
this is only a spacer Costa Blanca
this is only a spacer Costa Del Azahar
this is only a spacer Private Property Sales
this is only a spacer Business For Sale
Property for rent......
this is only a spacer Private Property Rentals
this is only a spacer Rental Agents
this is only a spacer Property Management
Moving to Spain.......
this is only a spacer Wills
this is only a spacer Spanish Permits
this is only a spacer Tax in Spain
this is only a spacer Moving with Kids to Spain
this is only a spacer Spanish Health System
this is only a spacer Spanish Insurance

10 Charnwood Close
The Country Park
L12 0LQ

t:   0845 108 2209
m: 0790 220 4779



If you are thinking of buying property in Spain or living in Spain, you should consider applying for the following insurance policies:

  • Spain Health Insurance
  • Car Insurance Spain
  • Home Insurance Spain
  • Life Insurance Spain

Cancellation of the Insurance policy

  • By the Insurance company:

- If the insured has lied on the application or in a claim.
- If the risk covered is increased.
- If the insured property or car is sold
- If the Insured does not pay the premium after 30-days grace period; the Insurance company will always give to the insured an opportunity to pay the premium without affecting his rights under the policy.

  • By the insured:

- If the insurance company refuses to modify the policy when new circumstances cause the premium to be reduced.
If the insured risk happens
If the insured risk happens the policy taker or the beneficiary shall notify the insurance company within 7 working days, unless other period is agreed in the insurance contract. The assured must make a list of the items lost or damaged. The insurance company will investigate it and value the damages, and if the information is correct, then pay an indemnity or repair the insured object


The home insurance (seguro del hogar) protects your property, the home itself and the things you keep in the house against disasters such as fire, flooding…
The price of the policy depends on the value of the house, the things you keep in it and the risks you wish to cover, from the basic home insurance up to the “all risk”.
While a property is rented it may only be insured by the landlord. The tenant may insure its content (furniture, clothes, jewellery) There is no law requiring a home owner to have insurance, however, if you take a Spanish mortgage, the bank will normally require you to contract a home insurance to protect its interest until the loan is repaid.


Life insurance Spain provides economic assistance to your family, so that in the event of your passing away, they can pay off your Spanish mortgage, college tuition and other ongoing expenses while maintaining their current lifestyle.
The life Insurance (Seguro de Vida) also covers the funeral and burial costs, taxes and outstanding debts, such as medical expenses not covered by the health insurance. If you have dependents, they will have to cope with these costs while no longer having your income to rely on.
The person whose life is insured is generally called the "insured". The person named in the policy to benefit from the death of that person is called the "beneficiary". Where the policy contains the identity of the beneficiaries, they will not have to wait for the estate partition to be made in order to perceive the indemnity.
When you apply for Life Insurance is very common that he insurance company will ask you to pass a medical exam. The company may specifically exclude certain coverage, such as death by suicide.
If you take a Spanish mortgage when buying property in Spain is very usual that banks require you to sign a life insurance policy that will guarantee all the repayment period of your house, should the principle wage-earner die or be unable to work.


There are many Spain Health Insurance companies offering a standard o complete medical care and dental care. The coverage period is for 1 year, the policy costs are increased every year. The prices of the premium vary according to the sex and age of the applicant and is payable every month. Alternatively the total amount can be paid once a year with a discount on the total price. The average price per month is of 40-60 euros. There also family packages available.
The Spain health insurance does not cover some specific situations such as the hospitalization in case of transmissible diseases (AIDS), medical treatment for alcoholism, addiction to drugs, working accidents…
Frequently the insurance companies do not admit clients over 60 and if they do, the policy cost increases.
The Spain Health Insurance basic contract covers medical attention, hospital and urgencies. It does not cover dental care. The company will provide you with a list of doctors to choose from.
The main Spain Health Insurance companies are:

  • Mapfre
  • DKV Seguros
  • Asisa
  • Sanitas
  • Adeslas
  • Winterthur.


Car insurance in Spain is a contract between you and the insurance company, protecting you against financial losses if you have an accident. Both parts make an agreement: you pay the premium and the insurance company pays the cost as defined in your policy: property, liability and medical coverage.

  • Car Property: the policy covers for damage to your car or theft of your car.
  • Liability: the policy covers for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
  • Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.

Types of car insurance in Spain:

  • Third-party liability insurance (seguro de terceros o de responsabilidad civil obligatoria):

The policy covers you for any claim against you made by anyone who could suffer a personal injury and damage in an accident (driver and passengers in another car with which you may collide, passengers in your car who are not members of your family…) if you are responsible for the accident.

This type of basic car insurance in Spain does not cover you and your car. Most of the people in Spain choose this third party insurance adding extra Insurance clauses in order to cover their own car, their family passengers and of course themselves.

In case of personal injury, the responsible part will not be forced to pay indemnity when proving that the injuries resulted from the injured party negligent operation or from force majors.

This type of insurance will not cover the damages caused in any of the following cases:

  • If the driver were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
  • Where the vehicle is driven by a person not authorize by the insured.
  • Where the driver does not have driving license.

In these cases, the insurance company will pay the indemnity to the injured party, which may be claimed against the insured

  • All-risk insurance coverage (seguro a todo riesgo).


The All-Risk Insurance (Seguro a todo riesgo) covers the injuries and damages non-covered in the third party liability insurance:

  • The injuries to the insurance taker, the car owner, driver and the spouse, ascendants, descendants, relatives and the car passengers.
  • Damages to the vehicle regardless of who was responsible for the damage, including fire and broken windows when the car is parked on the street.
  • Damages of the car contents.
  • Theft in the vehicle
  • Legal cost involved in court process against you.

Non residents living in Spain for long periods can keep their cars with the foreign plates, but the Law requires that the car should be insured in the country of registration. The car owners can not longer insure the cars with Spanish companies as in the past.

The solution is to select an International Insurance company with a Spanish branch, and your car will be insured once it has passed the Vehicle Safety Inspection (ITV), compulsory in Spain.


>>back to top